I realized when I was in southern California last week that I have somehow never done a post on Los Angeles houses! I know that the homes frequently vary in style, but I love how you can usually see little touches obviously inspired by constant sunshine and close proximity to the ocean.
Sources (from top to bottom): Apartment Therapy: Christi Jay, houzz, Design*Sponge: Jon & Nina Hans, B. Ferry, Design*Sponge: Rob & Julie Maigret, Design Love Fest, Apartment Therapy: Janelle & Roberts, Dwell, Chele McKee, sfgirlbybay, house to home, and The Selby: Krysten Ritter.
“She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbor:
'Winter is dead.'" ~A.A. Milne
In the spirit of the season, and continuing Summer's color posts, she has allowed me to share a selection of wonderful yellows. Spanning the spectrum of brilliant gold to muted mustard, these items embody the shining spectrum of the sun during these last few days of summer. Soak them in and feel the warmth.
1. Triangle Mountain iPhone 5 Case ($36), 2. Garden Party Bow Tie ($45), 3. New Yellow & Blue Check Flannel Shirt (£9.50), 4. Retro Travel Bag ($24), 5. Stargazer Socks ($12), 6. Vintage Frazer car ad ($8), 7. Aldrich Corduroy Pants ($195), 8. Lucia Sunglasses (Vintage Havana) ($199), and 9. Adventure Time Jolby Wallet ($20)
- The dreamiest retro home.
- This is absolutely beautiful.
- These animated gifs are fabulous.
- My current desktop wallpaper.
- So very in love with this calligraphy.
- I really want to make all three of these DIY projects.
- Oh man, I want to stay in this stylin' hotel.
- I love Ashley's sets. Girl has the best eye for style.
- The prettiest forest wedding inspiration.
- Adoring this photoshoot.
- DIY leather journals.
- This model (and the shoot) is stunning.
- How big is our moon?
- Mmmmm peach custard pie.
- Paper flower numbers are rad.
- A lovely wedding touch: DIY lace ballet flats.
- 9 super fun party ideas!
- A bohemian countryside wedding shoot.
- I need to start painting again, starting with this.
- My new favorite interior photographer.
- Peachy keen creamsicles.
- A duct tape bike makeover.
I am back from California! I'm looking forward to a full week of blogging come Monday. See ya then! (artwork above by Faye Moorhouse)
Hey Everyone, my name is Katrina and I blog at Pugly Pixel where I share simple blog design-y ideas, and sometimes I post Photoshop and CSS tips and tricks too. Summer asked me to share a few pink images with you guys while she's in California. I thought these were cool and I hope you enjoy them. Thanks for having me over, Summer!
1. Female Condoms by Gabriella Cetrulo via Jealous Curator
2. Painting by Annaclara Di Biase via Jealous Curator
3. Ice Cream by Gabriella Cetrulo via Jealous Curator
4. Sugar Beach by Fieldguided
5. Flowers by Fieldguided
6. Pink Bush by Hansel from Basel via Calivintage
7. Pink Geo Print by Britt Bass via Leif Shop
8. Painting on Morgan Blake photo by Britt Bass
9. Pink Puddle via Present and Correct
10. Pink Objects by Stephen Prina via Present and Correct
Hello folks! I'm Andrea (aka hula seventy) and I hopped on over here today to bring you a little juicy summer orange. Orange was my favorite color as a child. Maybe because I was born in the seventies, in the age of burnt yellows, avocado greens and orange, so much orange-- a color so vibrant you can practically taste it. Admittedly, I've fallen in and out of love with it over the years but I always seem to come back to it. Oh, orange. I do love you.
Sources (from top to bottom): Tres Jolie Studios, Tal Bright, Kevin Meredith, Ricardo Ferreira, Paul Octavious, Sara Visconti, Jessica Wilson, Girlhula, and Matthias Werner.
Hi everyone, it's Jan from Poppytalk and I'm excited to do a little "minty" guest post today on Design is Mine. One of my favorite features here on Design is Mine are Summer's collections series that she does so well and so I am inspired in that vein for this post. Summer asked me to choose from two colors, blue or mint green and I jumped at the mint green because it just happens to be one of my favorite colors right now. This version might be a little darker than mint, because I'm so in love with that retro vespa green at the moment. What is it? Italian/French Riviera circa 1920? Love love love! And so dear Design is Mine readers, I bring you to you, minty (retro) green.
1. Caio! iPhone Case | Cartolina
2. Print | notwo.org (via Creature Comforts)
3. Park Plants Art Print | Matthew Korbel-Bowers (via Creature Comforts)
4. Vintage Vespa | The Other Side of the Rainbow
5. Bike Helmet, Atelier Ruby 2012 | Pavillon Collection, Paris
6. Martinique Wallpaper
7. La Mer No. Stationery | In Our Garden Too
8. Blocked Planter | Anthropologie
9. Green Lemonade | Style Me Pretty (via Creature Comforts)
10. Scuba Man Art Print | Matte Stephens
11. Hanging Air Plant Pod Planter | Mudpuppy
12. Cabines (Photo Print) | xojy
(I just wanted to give a shout out to Ez at Creature Comforts on Pinterest, because her Color Crush boards were an instant go-to when I went to do this post —I knew she'd have heaps of inspiration there. Note images 2, 3 and 9).
I am terribly sorry it has been such a quiet week here on Design is Mine! I am currently on a California vacation, spending time with family and friends under the sun. I will be gone next week as well, but will have guest bloggers helping me out with some summery color posts, so be on the lookout! As for now, enjoy these lovely hues that make me think of the state that I am from.
Sources (from top to bottom): FELLT, 1000SCIENTISTS, Rd., Keiko Lynn, Moody's Home, Need Supply Co., Spektrum Eins, Bones and Feathers Collective, the blue hour, and Raffaella Campeggi.