Being a big fan of the color pink, I'm finding it weird that there is so very little of it in our new home- though I must say, this place is a whole less feminine than my last one. I'm thinking about eventually finding a dusty pink flea market easy chair someday (even if my husband disagrees).
Sources (from top to bottom): Living Etc., ilovebokkie, pretty spaces, 79 ideas, French By Design, Modern Findings, Apartment Therapy: Adored Vintage Showroom, sfgirlbybay, FRYD, Harwell, Kelly Wearstler, and Scout & Catalogue.
- Double chocolate pistachio cookies sound delicious.
- Such a yummy simple snack.
- This DIY papercut leaves backdrop is pretty incredible.
- So is this tulip installation: wow.
- Stunning photographs from a month in India.
- This contraption turns your stairs into a slide. So fun.
- I want to go to an event at venue in LA.
- 10 May DIY projects.
- A free floral Photoshop brush set.
- You can make the cutest donut mouse.
- Carrot & raisin cupcakes for a pastel party.
- This elopement looks like it was a dream.
- Lovin' the style of this Minneapolis home.
- A lovely tiny vintage studio.
- Yum, coconut lime pull-apart bread.
- 100 DIY ideas for the 3-day weekend.
I love when 'Roid Week rolls around. Pages and pages of gorgeous Polaroid shots- here are some of my favorites from this year's, which just ended today. Now I'm itching to take my land camera out for the weekend. (P.S.: I couldn't resist including the photograph of me & my husband on our wedding day that was added by my friend- it brings me joy.)
Sources (from top to bottom): Pola Walk, Michael, 我的嘴唇比牛雜還柔軟, vanessa morrow, Whitney Tuttle, Jeffrey McKee, denise, Michael Houmann, Ann Suckow McGarry.
Golden watchful eye ring by Datter Industries ($72.65)
Fashion Eyes on you Plastic Hard Case by CatCheeseCase ($16.99)
Evil eye necklace by Tiffany Avenue Bridal ($16)
Wild Eye Print by Sandi Faleoner ($15)
Eye to Eye Clutch by Roxy Marj ($32)
I feel like I can see into someone's personality when I peek at what they choose to have on display in their home. For example, I display toys from the 50s and 60s, piles of books, vintage scenic oil paintings, and cute food-related items, which I think reflects my personality quite well. Which is why I love seeing the objects and art others choose- it's comfortingly voyeuristic.
Sources (from top to bottom): Laura Seppänen, Brooklyn Bride, Fran Parente, Fjeldborg, Design*Sponge: Paula Mills & Family, domino, dottie angel, Brooke Holm, A Beautiful Mess, Corinne Alexandra, UPPERCASE, and Jaclyn Campanaro.
...for listing Design as Mine as one of the top design blogs! This totally means the world to me, especially since I've been a huge fan of Domino ever since it came out nine years ago. Check out their selections here- I'm in good company!
Los Angeles has been turning up the heat. The temperature this week has been lingering around 100 degrees. Summer is just a little over a month away and I am preparing myself for the constant dry desert heat (which I happily accept). Here are a few items I'd happily adorn during the hottest months of the year.
1. Cat Print A Line Dress ($17.18), 2. Supernova Galaxy Bikini Top ($54), 3. Wander Wedges ($148), 4. Vintage 1960s Bathing Suit - Bold Floral Skirted Swimsuit ($50), 5. Short Twill Shorts ($9.95), 6. Eternal Dreamer Tank Top ($44), 7. Maybe Baby ($49, sale), 8. Bold Color Block Eye Cropped Tee ($18.90), and 9. MOTO Short Denim Dungarees ($76)
- My brother is bringing upcoming.org back.
- A blonde sponge cake with chocolate ganache sounds totally delicious.
- The 100 best car pictures. YES.
- And these sweet ones too.
- I want to be like Mirka Mora when I get old.
- These bars are making my mouth water.
- At home in Harlem, Scandinavian-style.
- Berries and coconut milk = simplicity at its best.
- Can't wait to try these glow stick balloons with the kids.
- A great hand lettering tutorial for pretty mail.
- Fabulous metallic and geometric wedding ideas.
- How to write on a cake.
- Lovin' these gorgeous Mother's Day printables.
- This is what a holographic phone might look like. Amazing.
- Total cabin porn.
- Advice for the brides: writing wedding vows. This would've come in handy a couple months ago!
- Kate's home is Los Angeles perfection.
- More washi tape DIYs.
- Mother's Day mail is such a sweet idea.
- Swoon, 9 dreamy picnics, perfect for this time of year.
- I almost always love 1950s-inspired weddings.
- I think I could happily live in this bohemian treehouse.
- Unique portraits of celebrities at the Met Gala.
- The most amazing paper flowers I have ever seen.
- Summertime = homemade popsicles.
- DIY for kids: make mom a rock portrait.
- This woodland room is adorable.
- And even more Mother's Day DIY ideas
I hope all of you are enjoying the weekend. And Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful mom and all the other terrific ones out there- xoxo! (above artwork by Lisa Chow.)